2. SPring-8の現状／PRESENT STATUS OF SPring-8
日本原子力研究所・理化学研究所 大型放射光施設計画推進共同チーム 加速器グループ JAERI-RIKEN SPring-8 Project Team Accelerator Group
- The construction of the linac has been completed. The beam commissioning was successfully started on August 1st, 1996. The electron beam was transported up to a beam-dump at the end of the linac on August 8th. Precise alignment of the linac was achieved within the error of ±0.2 mm using the laser system. A computer-aided automatical aging system was developed and successfully operated for the microwave aging inside the waveguides and accelerator columns. It took only 550 hours to reach the fullpower operation of whole klystrons.
(財)高輝度光科学研究センター 情報システム部門 Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI) Information Systems and Technology Division
- As computer networks have become increasingly popular as a tool to provide and exchange information these days, many domestic and international institutes have set up World Wide Web (WWW) Homepages and provide information through them. SPring-8 set up the SPring-8 WWW Homepage in February, 1996. Since then, the site has been accessed from around the world numerous times. In this article, the current status of the SPring-8 WWW site is described, and future plans to expand information areas are noted.
* SPring-8 Homepage address : http://www.spring8.or.jp/
3. 共用ビームライン／PUBLIC BEAMLINE
4. 共用ビームライン／PUBLIC BEAMLINE
理化学研究所 放射光構造生物学研究推進グループ The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN) SR Structural Biology Reseach Group
- This report focuses on the RIKEN Beamline1 for Structural Biology promoted by the Institute of Physical and Chemical Research (RIKEN). This beamline aims to advance structural biology research by using synchrotron radiation to gain a greater understanding of the functions of biological macromolecules in the aspects of higher order structures. Two experimental stations; a small-angle X-ray Scattering station (SAXS) and a protein crystallography station (PX) are simultaneously operated with two undulators in serial arrangement. The branched beams are generated by a beam-splitter (transparent diamond monochromator) . In the PX station, a trichromatic concept is developed to optimize for multi-wavelength anomalous diffraction (MAD) experiments. Trichromatic beams are provided by a trichromator. The main feature of this concept is to minimize errors in anomalous dispersion measurements for MAD. The SAXS station uses the monochromatized undulator beam that enables us to obtain (the) data with high smallangle resolution and high flux as well. The structure of proteins in solution under various conditions will be studied in this station. And the SAXS station uses a new type of detector; a two-dimensional microstrip proportional counter which can take data within a milisecond.
5. 談話室／OPEN HOUSE
Utilization of SPring-8 beamlines and construction of contract beamline by Indian Scientists
6. 共同利用ビームライン／PUBLIC BEAMLINE
” Working Group for Protein Crystal Structure Analysis ” and ” SPring-8 Workshop on Protein Structure Analysis for Industries “
7. 談話室／OPEN HOUSE
8. JASRI委員会報告／JASRI COMMITTEE REPORT
Joint Symposium on the 10th Annual Meeting of Japan Synchrotron Radiation Society and Synchrotron Radiation Science