Volume 07, No.1
January issue 2002
1. SPring-8の現状／PRESENT STATUS OF SPring-8
Call for the Reserved Beam Time Application 2002A for the Structural Biology (BL38B1, BL40B2, BL41XU) Beamlines
2. その他のビームライン／OTHER BEAMLINES
Asia and Pacific Council for Science and Technology
- The Taiwan APCST contract beamline BL12XU is part of the Taiwan x-ray facility at SPring-8, and is dedicated for inelastic x-ray scattering (IXS) with variable energy resolution from high (0.1−1 eV) to ultra-high (1−10 meV) resolution regimes. A secondary purpose is for high Q-resolution scattering and x-ray physics and optics. The Phase I construction of the beamline was completed in November 2001. The commissioning of the undulator and front-end components was carried out successfully in early December, together with the hutch radiation survey. The beamline has since been approved for commissioning. In the present article, we will briefly describe the scientific program, the key concepts and components of the beamline, the IXS spectrometer, and the initial commissioning of the beamline.
3. 最近の研究から／FROM LATEST RESEARCH
Detection Limits of Ultratrace Elements on Semiconductor Wafers Using WD-TXRF
㈱富士通研究所 Fujitsu Laboratories, Ltd.、㈱東 芝 TOSHIBA Corporation、㈱松下テクノリサーチ Matsushita Techno Research, Inc.、住友電気工業㈱ SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES, Ltd.
- We developed the wavelength-dispersive total reflection x-ray fluorescence (WD-TXRF) equipment for the ultratrace element detection on semiconductor wafers. In combining the equipment with the extremely strong x-ray of BL40XU at SPring-8, we studied the relation between the detection limit and the measurement conditions. As a result, together with the concentration techniques for semiconductor wafer, remarkable detection limit of 4x106atoms/cm2 has been achieved for Ni and Cu elements for the first time.