Volume 04, No.3
May issue 1999
SPring-8 Detected the Papua New Guinea Earthquake with its Electron Beam
2. SPring-8の現状／PRESENT STATUS OF SPring-8
姫路工業大学 高度産業科学技術研究所 Laboratory of Advanced Science and Technology (LASTI), Himeji Institute of Technology
- The commissioning of New SUBARU started in September 1998. The exahstive effort to store a beam in three months made it clear that the physical aperture of New SUBARU should be smaller than the designed size. The vacuum chamber was opend in the New Year's shut down. We found that the RF contact fingers in eight bellows at the each end of four insertion light sources were deformed. They have narrowed the physical aperture of the ring. The commissioning became much easier after the replacement of the fingers. The ring is now in operation for vacuum baking by synchrotronradiation.
Call for the Beam Time Application for the Public Beamlines at SPring-8
3. 共用ビームライン／PUBLIC BEAMLINE
神戸大学大学院 自然科学研究科 Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University 、(財)高輝度光科学研究センター 放射光研究所 ビームライン部門 JASRI Beamline Division
- BL43IR at SPring-8 is a beamline which covers a very wide wavelength region from 5000A to 100 µm and exclusively dedicated to infrared spectroscopy. The performance of advanced experiments which can not be carried out with small storage rings is expected. The beamline is now on construction so as to be opened to common users in the fiscal year of 2000.
Call for Proposals on Refinement of Experimental Station at the SPring-8 Beamlines
4. 研究会等報告／WORKSHOP AND COMMITTEE REPORT
On Participating in the Delegation of Promotion Conference for the Industrial Use of SPring-8
Report from an Attendee on the 2nd Workshop of Experimental Techniques at SPring-8
5. 談話室・ユーザー便り／OPEN HOUSE･A LETTERS FROM SPring-8 USERS
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI) Invites Applications for Permanent Research Positions