Volume 14, No.2
May issue 2009
1. SPring-8の現状／PRESENT STATUS OF SPring-8
Call for 2009B Nanotechnology Support Proposals and Nanonet Support Proposals
Call for Budding Research Support Proposals 2 (Accelerator, Beamlines, Detectors)
Report on FY2008 Proposal Review by PRC Chair/Long-term Proposal Subcommittee Chair
Proposal Review Committee (PRC) Report by Subcommittee Chair – Life Science –
Proposal Review Committee (PRC) Report by Subcommittee Chair – Diffraction and Scattering –
Proposal Review Committee (PRC) Report by Subcommittee Chair – XAFS and Fluorescence Analysis –
Proposal Review Committee (PRC) Report by Subcommittee Chair – Spectroscopy –
Proposal Review Committee (PRC) Report by Subcommittee Chair – Industrial Application –
List of User Selection-Related Committee / Subcommittee Members for FY2007-2008 Term
2. 最近の研究から／FROM LATEST RESEARCH
Long-term Proposal Report 1: Investigation of Next Generation Silicon Nano-Electronic Devices by using Hard X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
名古屋大学大学院 工学研究科 Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University
- High performance Si ultra-large scale integrated circuits (ULSI) are constantly advancing with scaling-down of metal-oxide-semiconductor field effect transistors (MOSFETs). However, for conventional scaling-down of MOSFETs, we are facing serious issues that are caused by specific physical limits of materials traditionally used. It is required to actively introduce new materials, new process technologies and new device structures, in order to overcome these problems that cannot be solved only with scaling technology of ULSI. We can investigate the chemical bonding structure and the electronic state at the interface buried in the complex multilayered structures of recent MOS devices by using a hard X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (HAXPES), whose features are a long mean free path of photoelectrons, a large spectrum intensity, a high energy resolution, a high throughput, and a non-destructive measurement. In this study, we investigated the chemical bonding characteristics and the energy band structures of various multilayered samples by using HAXPES and aimed to establish the accurate analysis method for Si nanoelectronics.
Long-term Proposal Report 2: Study on Aggregate Structure of Nanoparticles in Rubber with Time-resolved Two-dimensional Ultra-Small-Angle and Small-Angle X-ray Scattering
東京大学大学院 新領域創成科学研究科 Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo、住友ゴム工業（株）研究開発本部 Sumitomo Rubber Industries Co., Ltd.
- We developed time-resolved two-dimensional ultra-small-angle and small-angle X-ray scattering at BL20XU and BL40B2 and applied the method to investigate the change of aggregate structure of nanoparticles in stretched rubber.
3. 談話室・ユーザー便り／OPEN HOUSE･A LETTERS FROM SPring-8 USERS
The 13th SPring-8 Symposium / The 6th SPring-8 Industrial Applications Symposium