1. SPring-8の現状／PRESENT STATUS OF SPring-8
Call for the Reserved Beam Time Application 2002A for the Structural Biology (BL38B1, BL40B2, BL41XU) Beamlines
Call for the Beam Time Application for the Public Beamlines at SPring-8
Call for the Beam Time Application for Nanotechnology Experiments
Call for the Reserved Beam Time Application 2002B for BL19B2, BL38B1 and BL41XU Beamlines
The Experiments in the 8th Research Period (2001B) at the Public Beamlines of SPring-8
Call for the Beam Time Application for the Public Beamlines at SPring-8
The Experiments in the 9th Research Period (2002A) at the Public Beamlines of SPring-8
2. その他のビームライン／OTHER BEAMLINES
Asia and Pacific Council for Science and Technology
- The Taiwan APCST contract beamline BL12XU is part of the Taiwan x-ray facility at SPring-8, and is dedicated for inelastic x-ray scattering (IXS) with variable energy resolution from high (0.1−1 eV) to ultra-high (1−10 meV) resolution regimes. A secondary purpose is for high Q-resolution scattering and x-ray physics and optics. The Phase I construction of the beamline was completed in November 2001. The commissioning of the undulator and front-end components was carried out successfully in early December, together with the hutch radiation survey. The beamline has since been approved for commissioning. In the present article, we will briefly describe the scientific program, the key concepts and components of the beamline, the IXS spectrometer, and the initial commissioning of the beamline.
（財）高輝度光科学研究センター、大阪大学 蛋白質研究所、JST戦略基礎（佐々木チーム）研究代表 JASRI, Osaka University/IPR, JST/CREST
- We propose a new X-ray methodology for direct observations of the behaviors of single molecular units in real time and real space. This new system, which we call Diffracted X-ray Tracking (DXT), monitors the Brownian motions of a single molecular unit by observations of X-ray diffracted spots from a nanocrystal, tightly bound to the individual single molecular unit in bio-systems. DXT does not determine any translational movements, but only orientational movements. Recently, time-resolved dynamical X-ray imaging of individual DNA molecules with picometer-scale precision is demonstrated using DXT for the first time. DXT can obtain information about the dynamics of single molecules through a quantitative analysis, since the signals from DXT are independent of the chemical conditions.
独立行政法人物質・材料研究機構物質研究所はりまオフィス Harima Office, Advanced Materials Laboratory, National Institute for Materials Science
- The present state of BL15XU is introduced. Startup adjustment of the beam line advanced, and it became possible that the SR beam of using for practical use in 1keV〜20keV energy region was obtained. the part of the result of photoelectron spectroscopy and high-resoluble characteristic X-ray spectroscopy carried out as a utilization experiment is also introduced.
JASRI Materials Science Division、JASRI Beamline Division、RIKEN Harima Institute
- BL28B2 is a beamline for multi-purpose experiments using white x-rays and has been opened to the public since the 9th cycle of 1999. The equipment in the optics hutch 2 was primarily optimized for a state-of-the-art x-ray diffraction imaging including white x-ray topography. In this report we describe the current status of the beamline, the experimental appliances for topography and some experimental results.
Immortal Catalytic Activity for Cleaning up Automotive Emissions
– Intelligent Catalyst –
日本原子力研究所 放射光科学研究センター Synchrotron Radiation Research Center, JAERI、ダイハツ工業㈱ 材料技術部 Materials R&D Division, Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd
- Catalytic converters are widely applied to control automotive emissions, such as nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide and unburned hydrocarbons. In actual catalysts, however, the catalytic activity deteriorates owing to the particle growth of precious metals during vehicle use. An ageless catalyst is a kind of philosopher’s stone in automotive engineering. Referring to the wisdom of ancient Indian philosophy and medical science, Ayur Veda, we have developed a new self-regenerating perovskite-based catalyst. The perovskite catalyst, LaFe0.57Co0.38Pd0.05O5, regenerates itself without any auxiliary treatment, in direct reaction to the natural fluctuation between reductive and oxidative atmospheres in the exhaust gas from state-of-the-art gasoline engines. As palladium reversibly moves back and forth between inside and outside of the perovskite crystal, the particle growth of palladium can be suppressed. Such a self-regeneration provides new insight into the development of future automotive catalyst, as an intelligent catalyst.
3. 研究会等報告／WORKSHOP AND COMMITTEE REPORT
The 5th Technical Workshop for SPring-8 Utilization (Inner Shell Excitation)
The 5th Technical Workshop for SPring-8 Utilization (Anomalous Dispersion)
The 5th Technical Workshop for SPring-8 Utilization
The 21st Workshop on Ultra High-Pressure Science
– New Frontier in Structural Science Under High-Hydrostatic Pressure –
Report of the Joint Symposium on the 15th Annual Meeting of Japan Synchrotron Radiation Society and Synchrotron Radiation Science
Detection Limits of Ultratrace Elements on Semiconductor Wafers Using WD-TXRF
㈱富士通研究所 Fujitsu Laboratories, Ltd.、㈱東 芝 TOSHIBA Corporation、㈱松下テクノリサーチ Matsushita Techno Research, Inc.、住友電気工業㈱ SUMITOMO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES, Ltd.
- We developed the wavelength-dispersive total reflection x-ray fluorescence (WD-TXRF) equipment for the ultratrace element detection on semiconductor wafers. In combining the equipment with the extremely strong x-ray of BL40XU at SPring-8, we studied the relation between the detection limit and the measurement conditions. As a result, together with the concentration techniques for semiconductor wafer, remarkable detection limit of 4x106atoms/cm2 has been achieved for Ni and Cu elements for the first time.
Report of the Conference : International Workshop on Photoionization 2002
Activities of the SPring-8 Advisory Committee and the Others in the 2001 Fiscal Year
The 24th ICFA Advanced Beam Dynamics Workshop on Future Light Sources
Eighth European Particle Accelerator Conference (EPAC2002) “ Personal Impressions ”
蛋白質構造解析コンソーシアム Pharmaceutical Consortium for Protein Structure
- The construction of the exclusive beam-line (Pharmaceutical Industry Beam-line), BL32B2, of The Pharmaceutical Consortium for Protein Structure Analysis (PCProt), composed of 22 pharmaceutical companies affiliating with the Japan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (JPMA), has been completed on May 16th, 2002, without any delay. In this report, process of the construction, activity of PCProt and the schedule of the operation is described. Normal operation, so called users mode, of the Pharmaceutical Industry Beam-line would be started since this autumn.
4. 研究会等報告／WORKSHOP AND COMMITTEE REPORT
Visits to DESY, BESSY and ESRF and Report on the Accelerator Reliability Workshop
Japan-Hungary Seminar Physics in Modern Science and Technology
-Frontier of Photon Science-
The XXI International LINAC Conference (LINAC2002) Report
RIKEN Symposium Structural Biology (VIII) “Structural Biology of Protein Complexes :
From Structure to Understanding Mechanisms”
Nanotechnology Support Project Synchrotron Radiation Supporting Group Symposium Announcement
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI) Invites Applications for Permanent Research Positions
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI) Invites Applications for Group Leader
The 5th SRRTNet Workshop “Interface Between Theory, Computation and Experiments”