Volume 06, No.1
January issue 2001
2. SPring-8の現状／PRESENT STATUS OF SPring-8
Additional Call for the Beamtimes in the 2001A Public Use Term
3. その他のビームライン／OTHER BEAMLINES
4. 最近の研究から／FROM LATEST RESEARCH
Development of Multilayer Fresnel Zone Plate for High Brilliant X-ray Microbeam
産業技術総合研究所（旧工業技術院）大阪工業技術研究所 Osaka National Research Institute、関西医科大学 物理学教室 Kansai Medical University、（財）高輝度光科学研究センター 放射光研究所 JASRI Research Sector、理化学研究所 播磨研究所 RIKEN Harima Institute、立命館大学 理工学部 Ritsumeikan University
- Hard X-ray microbeam with multilayer Fresnel zone plate has been tested at SPring-8 BL47XU undulator beamline. Focusing properties are evaluated in X-ray wavelength of ＞25 keV. In the scanning microscopy experiment at an X-ray wavelength of 0.045 nm (27.8 keV), a resolution-test-patterns up to 0.2 µm structure was resolved. The focused beam profile at an X-ray wavelength of 0.015 nm (82.7 keV) was measured: the measured focal beam size was 〜 4 µm.
An Experimental Challenge for Detecting Extremely Trace Metals by Total-reflection X-ray Fluorescence
文部科学省（旧科学技術庁）金属材料技術研究所 精密励起場ステーション National Research Institute for Metals
- Trace elements often play significant roles in biological and environmental systems as well as in industrial applications. Total-reflection X-ray fluorescence (TXRF) is an extremely promising tool for ultra trace analysis. Although a brilliant synchrotron source can in principle contribute to upgrade the detection power, an energy-dispersive spectrometer based on a Si(Li) detector, which has been employed in most TXRF experiments so far, restricts the performance. The present report describes our successful experiments at BL40XU using a wavelength-dispersive spectrometer with downsized Johansson-type focusing optics. Because of the c.a. 20 times better energy resolution, the signal to background ratio has been fairly enhanced. The record of the detection limit has been improved down to 1.9 fg, which is almost 10 times better than the world best record reported in 1997.
5. 研究会等報告／WORKSHOP AND COMMITTEE REPORT
The 4th Harima International Conference on “New Trends in Phosphoinositide SIgnalling and Protein Phosphorylation”
International Workshop on Crystallography at High Pressure and High Temperature Using X-rays and Neutrons