Details: About Publication of Results (Publications Database Entry)
Deadline: within three years from the end of the research term
You need to disseminate your results and register the published work with the Publications Database within about three years from the end of the research term.
Publish your results in one of the following forms.
- Refereed journal paper incl. refereed proceedings and doctoral thesis
- SPring-8/SACLA Research Report refereed by JASRI
- Technical journal article approved by JASRI
*Clearly state the proposal number in the paper, etc., and make clear that the results were obtained through the use of SPring-8.
The deadline is as follows:
- For proposals carried out in research term A: the end of September three years after the end of the research term
- Example: 30 September 2021 for proposals carried out in research term 2018A
- For proposals carried out in research term B: the end of March three years after the end of the research term
- Example: 31 March 2022 for proposals carried out in research term 2018B
You may request a deadline extension if you have a valid reason (e.g., your manuscript has been accepted but not yet published).
How to submit
After publishing your results, register the results online with the Publications Database (click here for the instructions on how to register).
Research proposals conducted over multiple terms
The following are the research proposals that are assumed to be conducted using public beamlines over multiple terms. Although a proposal number is assigned to the proposed experiment conducted in each term because of the user system, the proposal numbers assigned to the experiments of the same proposal are grouped and collectively treated.
Research proposals that are assumed to be conducted over multiple terms
- Long-term Proposal
- Partner User (PU) Proposal
- Epoch-Making Initiatives Proposal
- Proposal in the field of Life Science/Macromolecular Crystallography for which the beamtime is consequently allocated to two terms (so-called PX-BL proposal)
- General Proposal and Budding Researchers Support Proposal for which the beamtime is allocated to two terms (one-year proposal)
Example: For a Long-term Proposal conducted during six consecutive terms 2012A–2014B, the experiment in 2012A is treated as the representative experiment and the subsequent experiments are grouped as relevant experiments. The project leader of the proposal is required to publish his/her research results within three years from the end of 2014B (publication deadline: 31 March 2018). The registered results of the representative experiment are regarded as those of all the experiments in the group.
Contact & Questions
|User Administration Division (Publications Office)