Cafeteria Payment: Creation of IC Card (SUICA, etc.) on smartdevice
Suica and PASMO (integrated circuit card, available for payment at the on-site cafeteria) can be newly created with Apple Pay on an iPhone and an Apple Watch. No deposit is required.
They can be recharged with your credit card (on Wallet, Apple Pay) and also be recharged with cash at ICC charge machines (the entrance of the cafeteria building), convenience stores and Station Smart-Charges.
How to create Suica or PASMO with Apple Pay on an iPhone etc.
What you need to create:
- An iPhone 8/8 Plus or later*, An Apple Watch Series 3 or later
- A credit, debit, or prepaid card added to the Wallet app**
- An Apple ID (signed in to iCloud)
- Device region set to Japan (Settings > General > Language & Region) Once created, the region can be reverted.
- The latest iOS or watchOS version
- An internet connection
*iPhone 7/7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2 purchased in Japan are also availble.
**Apple Pay eligible cards are available but some cards might not be accepted.
For more information, please see the following official website.(support.apple.com)
- Set up a Suica or PASMO card in Apple Pay
- Using Suica or PASMO on iPhone or Apple Watch in Japan (Suica/PASMO Official)
- Suica|Apple Pay (East Japan Railway Company)
- Suica e-money | JR-EAST(East Japan Railway Company)
- PASMO|Apple Pay
How to recharge
- Credit card (on Wallet, Apple Pay)
- ICC charge machines (at the entrance of the cafeteria building)
- Convenience stores
- Station Smart-Charges
|Credit Card||Credit card (on Wallet, Apple Pay)|
|Cash||ICC charge machines(at the entrance of the cafeteria building), Convenience stores, Station Smart-Charges|
Transfer Suica to another device:
Refund (remitted to your bank account in Japan):
Suica can be newly created with Google Pay on a specific Android device in Japan (must be Osaifu Keitai compatible).