Prevention measures against COVID-19 at SPring-8/SACLA
Updated on September 28, 2020
Added on December 17, 2020
SPring-8/SACLA Users Office,
Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI)
Prevention measures against COVID-19 at SPring-8/SACLA
Dear All Users visiting SPring-8/SACLA for Experiments,
1. Please refrain from visiting SPring-8/SACLA, if you have a fever or any respiratory symptoms, and have any possibility of infection with Novel Coronavirus.
Please note that if any of the following items apply, you are not allowed to enter SPring-8/SACLA.
(1) Poor physical condition including the following 1) to 4) within the past 1 week to the day of visit
1)Body temperature 37.5°C or above
2)Respiratory symptoms (throat, sore throat, breathlessness, etc.)
3)Strong general malaise
4)Abnormalities such as abnormal taste and smell
(2) Waiting at home as a close contact
(3) Less than 14 days after entering Japan from abroad
(4) No mask
(5) Less than 8 days after having been positive by PCR test and 0 days on the day of discharge or when the second PCR test became negative
2. Please contact SPring-8/SACLA Users Office at least one day before your designated beamtime, if you decide to cancel your beamtime. There will be no cancellation charge. We kindly ask you to make your decision after considering your affiliation’s policy and measures.
3. Please come to SPring-8/SACLA with minimum number of participants for your experiments, and refrain from visiting with large group.
Please consider having web meetings with your project team members inside and outside SPring-8/SACLA via eduroam or SP8-GUEST Wireless LAN (for more details, click here) as needed during your experiments.
4. If you are users from foreign organization, please follow the procedure set by the Japanese Government.
Links regarding entry restrictions (Japanese Government): updated constantly
・(Ministry of Justice, Immigration Services Agency of Japan) Regarding the denial of landing permission to prevent the spread of COVID-19
・(Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan) Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19): 4. Suspension of visa exemption measures
・(Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan) Phased Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel
・(Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan) Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel
・(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
During stay at SPring-8/SACLA
5. We strongly ask you to bring masks and wear it during your stay at SPring-8. We also recommend hand-washing and hand disinfection with alcohol sanitizer. Alcohol sanitizers are available at entrances of the Storage Ring, North Building, Cafeteria, SPring-8 Guesthouse, and so on.
6. Please contact the below, if you feel fever or any respiratory symptoms after your arrival to SPring-8/SACLA.
・Office Hours(9:00‒17:30) Health Office: Ext. 3299, Users Office: Ext. 2225
・Out of Office Hours(0:00-9:00, 17:30-24:00) Guest House Front Desk: Ext. 8181
・We will guide you to the designated waiting rooms available in the North Building, Main Building or Guest House.
・Please fill in the medical questionnaire sheet for Novel Coronavirus at the waiting room.
7. We strongly ask you to depart from SPring-8/SACLA immediately, if you feel fever or any respiratory symptoms.
Please rest yourself in Guest House temporarily, when you cannot depart from SPring-8/SACLA immediately. We inform you a consultation counter for Novel Coronavirus or a hospital where you can get appropriate medical care.
8. Please stay inside your room in the Guest House and refrain from visiting other facilities such as Experimental Hall, Cafeteria, etc., if you have a fever or any respiratory symptoms.
9. Please note that you shall be responsible for the expenses, incl. Guest House fee and medical examination, when any extra expenses occur relating to this matter.
10. Please consider to conduct your experiment with minimum number of participants required, and keep social distance during the experiment.
11. Please pay attention to the physical condition of the team members during your experiment.
12. Please ask BL scientists for available spaces and avoid staying longer than necessary in Sample Preparation Room/Experiment Preparation Room.
13. Please note that User Support from BL scientists will be minimized in order to prevent infections with users. Since BL scientists will be standing-by in a remote area, please make sure to ask their extension number when you start your experiment.
14. Please note that there is a possibility that your experiment is suspended if any of your team members is suspected to be in close contact with COVID-19 patients even before the result of the PCR test is available.In addition, we ask you to manage travel plan to SPring-8 so that your team members travel independently to SPring-8 if possible. (see WHO COVID-19 website）
Deaprture from SPring-8/SACLA
15. We strongly ask you to make sure to take all experimental equipment, samples and wastes with you when you leave SPring-8. If you have any inquires or concern, please contact SPring-8/SACLA Users Office.
16. Please contact Users Office immediately, if you are confirmed to be infected with Novel Coronavirus after your departure from SPring-8/SACLA. And please cooperate with our survey.
Responding in case of COVID-19 infection or suspected infection
17. If a visitor becomes unwell during stay at SPring-8/SACLA and is judged to need a PCR test by a medical institution etc., the following will be taken.
(1) Confirmation of the information about the place of use and activities of the person concerned and the research group members.
(2) Identification of persons suspected of having close contact by the facility and prompt quarantine measures, including leaving
(3) Closure of the place of use and disinfection of the person concerned and those suspected of having close contact
(4) If anyone other than the research group is suspected of having had close contact with the person concerned, a warning notification
(5) If the result of the PCR test is determined to be positive for the person concerned, the occurrence of a positive infected person will be notified on the website and all users who stay at the facility during the period of the person’s stay will be individually notified by e-mail.
18. If a visitor becomes unwell after leaving SPring-8/SACLA, and judged to need a PCR test within 7 days after leaving, we will respond same as the previous section 17.
Confirmation of a positive case of COVID-19 after leaving SPring-8
Resumption of User Operation at SPring-8 (Updated on 19th June)
Overview of policy for Approved 2020A Proposals and 2020B Proposal Calls (Updated on 5th June)
Suspension of User Operations at SPring-8/SACLA (Updated on May 1, 2020)
Prevention measures against COVID-19 at SPring-8/SACLA (Updated on 16th June)